The imposing and handsome stool composed of Regency period parts, standing on four large mahogany lion’s paw feet of good colour and quality, the oak carcass having the original black and white striped ticking, typical of the period, surviving from the first quarter of nineteenth century England.
The stool is sturdy and stable and there is no worm or damages. The piece stands well and there are no losses aside from some little nibbles of wear to the extremities at the feet, which have a very rich patina after years of waxing. One of the feet has an old strut brace to strengthen it to the inside. There are some small remnants of a later red velvet upholstery to the base and some staining to the ticking.
As the wonderfully well carved feet are rather large in proportion to the carcass there is a possibility that they were once on a larger piece of furniture like a serving table and then adapted into a stool. The tough ticking fabric is original to the period and many stools like this are ‘made up’.
Stools don’t come much more magnificent than this; a real unabashed Regency delight.
Postage & Shipping
- We are pleased to be able to offer free packing, shipping, and insurance on every piece we send to UK mainland. If you live outside this area then feel free to contact us prior to any purchase for a personal shipping quotation – email@example.com. Once we have your specific location we will then be able to provide a quote for you to confirm, before we ship.
- We use Mail Boxes Etc to professionally ship, insure and package our wares over 5kgs. Below this weight we use Royal Mail Special delivery. Next day delivery services are naturally available with both carriers, with a two-day service being the standard.
- All items will be shipped the same day or the next working day, from receiving the order (assuming all credit checks are cleared).
- We will notify you as soon as the item has been shipped with any tracking numbers available.
- If paying by credit card, we can only ship to the billing address of that card. However with some credit card companies you can add extra addresses to your account to enable the shipping to a third party or business address.
- We comprehensively insure all items until the item is received or signed for.
- Please satisfy yourself with any regulations, import tax and duties for the country of destination of your order.
- All items can also be collected from us by request.
- Cheque - Made payable to Doe and Hope. Post to: Doe & Hope. The Onion Barn, 15 High Street, Blunham, Bedfordshire, MK44 3NL.
- Cash - We are happy to accept cash if you decide you wish to collect from us.
N.B. Payment must be made within five days of end of auction, unless agreed with us.
Whether you have a question about one of our pieces, want to visit to view an item, or are after something in particular not in the inventory, then do please contact us. We also have a full and secure external website where you may browse and purchase your wares.
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about us and the way we do things visit our 'About Us' Page.
Well, hurrah, with highly polished brass knobs on!