Colour: Briwax clear satin wax
Width: 79 cm
Depth: 48 cm
Article number: YAL 1382C
A standard sized early 20th century pitch pine (darker with a more distinctive grain pattern than most) chest with 4 sided detailing (cornices), original cast iron hand forged hinges and cast iron drop handles, lock (no key), dovetailed joint construction. This example has been fully refurbished including dipping, repairs and re waxed. Its size, design and colour would make it ideal for either a modern or period home.
This piece is for sale elsewhere.
If you have a query about this piece; its condition, price, delivery, postage etc please do not hesitate to ask, we are always happy to answer questions and accommodate where at all possible.
Buyers are always welcome to collect this item from Baldock, North Herts, SG7 6DB if they wish to.
Our preferred method of payment is Paypal. However, we are happy to accept cash on delivery and or collection. We also accept Mastercard/Visa and all debit cards for customer payment on delivery or collection. Please note there is a 2% surcharge on all credit card transactions.
Shipping - our policy
- We post worldwide with certain exclusions
- We always look for the most cost efficient way of getting your goods to you
- We only pass on what it costs us unless stated and or its a glazed/ceramic item
- Customers are always welcome to collect any item in person from the address in the contact details below
Our default service is Royal Mail for small parcels and UPS for larger ones. If the item is too big or fragile and its being delivered to London/Home Counties/East Anglia/East Midlands, we can deliver personally one weekday evening at mutual convenience. If you are unsure as to whether this service is available to your address, please contact us. The cost of this service is currently 40 pence per mile.
Our default courier service is Silversprint Ltd (www.silversprint.co.uk) a recognised antiques courier who have a fixed rate table based on volume and distance, alternatively, buyers are free arrange their own courier. We will always package items appropriately and work with you and the courier of your choice to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible.
Rest of the world
Our default service for items weighing less than 2kg and within the size limits is Royal Mail Airmail; Small Packets. For heavier and larger items, we will source the best quote at the time of postage from a recognised international courier e.g UPS/DHL/TNT. Notwithstanding the above, all items sent to the Far East/Eastern Europe will be sent via UPS tracked at the customers expense furthermore, we reserve the right to insist that particular items are sent via a tracked service at the customers expense irrespective of the destination. Please note that all import duties/charges of whatever nature, are at the customers expense.
We understand that customers need to feel comfortable and buy with confidence over the internet particularly, when it comes to buying antiques/used items. We aim to provide a full and accurate description of everything we sell. We will be honest about items that have been repaired/restored/damaged and are always happy to answer questions, provide further photographs or arrange a viewing.
If you are dis-satisfied with your item we offer a full refund if you notify us within 14 days of receipt.
Items for sale
The majority of our furniture and larger items with a 'Buy it Now' price are also for sale on our website. Items for auction are listed on ebay only. Accordingly, items may be withdrawn from sale at any time.
- An internet based restoration, antiques and collectables business based in Hertfordshire, England.
- Customer focused and friendly.
- Always happy to answer questions and or provide further photographs
- Passionate about recycling, restoration and working with old materials, giving every day objects a new lease of life.
- Always looking to use authentic/original materials when repairing and restoring furniture whether it be the wood or simply the screws and nails!
Buy antiques on line with confidence:
- Every piece is initially thoroughly inspected: age? maker? old changes to use? whats its life been? any old repairs? damage/worm/rot that needs repairing? old worm that can be left alone? wear commensurate with age that should be left alone? are repairs needed to ensure the piece is fit for purpose?
- We research styles/makers etc to ensure that the listing has as much relevant information as possible
- Every piece is cleaned, inside and out sometimes that simply involves oil/spirit mixes to remove filth, sometimes just a careful brushing, sometimes the old finish (particularly wax) needs to be removed and the piece re waxed
- We always use plenty of photographs and do not try to hide anything - old pieces are what they are!
- Our refund policy is simple (see above)
- We are easy , flexible and pleasant to d/w and our feedback supports that.
- If we make a mistake, we will be honest about it and rectify it as best/soon as possible
What we do not do!
- Buy pieces at auction, take a couple of photographs and then simply list them on ebay or our website!
- Disguise damage/wear
- Impose our own style ideas on customers - everyone has different ideas / tastes and views about furniture!
Yore Stuff Antiques & Collectables
18 Pembroke Road
Tel: +44 (0)1462 625962
Mobile: +44 (0)7703516914